On this episode of The Vonu Podcast, Alex Dischinger (@TucsonBitcoin) joins me to talk about The Great P.A.Z.NIAN Bitcoin Mines.
More specifically, we cover the basics of bitcoin mining; solo mining vs. mining pools; the logisitics of a distributed mining network; the impact breakthrough/”free” energy will have on mining/bitcoin, and much more.
Check out his podcast, Toxic Airwaves, and if you’re ever near Tucson, make sure to check out one of his bitcoin meetups!
- Alex begins with his background, path of liberation, and getting involved in the bitcoin mining industry
- Statism is the most radical ideology, anarchism/voluntaryism isn’t
- How Toxic Airwaves/bitcoin media came about
- My experience with mining, mainly a few shitcoins, easy setup, etc.
- Bitcoin Mining 101: it’s role in the bitcoin network, block rewards, halvings, energy usage, etc.
- Bitcoin Mining: turning energy into money (tying the digital asset of bitcoin to the real world)
- What role breakthrough (“free”) energy will have on bitcoin mining and the overall network
- The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels by Alex Epstein
- Heat your house, pools, hot tubs, or saunas with bitcoin miners!
- Alex provides an overview on home mining equipment currently available and his recommendations on getting started
- Check the cost of residential/commercial electricity where you are — location does have an impact on best, most profitable places to mine
- Initial investment capital necessary ($500-600 for miner, power distribution unit, electrical modifications)
- Check potential mining profitability calculator and mining pool information
- Solo mining vs. mining pools, his experiences, and profitability comparisons
- Defining terms: hash rates, difficulty adjustments, etc. (note: the BEST explanation of difficulty adjustments I’ve heard)
- Other benefits of mining and other important areas to discuss
- The Great P.A.Z.NIA Bitcoin Mines (a distributed mining network for the Second Realm)
- Tucson Bitcoin — bitcoin, privacy, and anarchist meetups all across Arizona; educating individuals on bitcoin privacy, KYC-free bitcoin, and more
- Bitcoin is powerful, if used correctly
- More logistics and discussion on The P.A.Z.NIA Bitcoin Mines
- The S9 Miner
- Running your own node — consider a Pruned Node
- The CoinJoin Wars: his thoughts on the tech behind Wasabi and Samourai wallets
- The importance of building a circular economy with bitcoin — makes price fluctuations less substantial when it’s always coming and going
- Other links: https://specter.solutions/ | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTAQ57Tqv-FwIMomLT-w1g