On this episode of The Vonu Podcast, another installment of our crypto-anarchism series, we take a deep dive into the privacy and security tools available for bitcoin NOW, as well as innovations that are coming.
Joining me is Max Hillebrand from the World Crypto Network. Max is an open source entrepreneur, a bitcoin enthusiast, a Rothbardian anarchist, and a sound money agorist. But, I’d also attach the label of “vonuan” to him as well.
In general, by the end of this episode, you will know firsthand why bitcoin is a threat to the national security of the United States. But, more specifically, we discuss:
- The impact vonu has had on Max;
- The beautiful art of praxeology;
- His travels across Europe with the bitcoin tribe;
- Wasabi privacy wallet for laptops/desktops;
- How bitcoin transactions work technically and how some of these privacy tools obfuscate personal information;
- Samourai privacy wallet for Android devices;
- An overview of the lightning network;
- The Nodl.it hardware (bitcoin full node, lightning network nodes, and various other possible implementations);
- ColdCard Wallet and making off-line transactions to cold wallets using Nodl/partially-signed bitcoin transactions;
- The surprising focus on making bitcoin viable in grid-down scenarios;
- And much more…