On this episode of The Vonu Podcast, you’ll catch an LUA Radio Classic, originally recorded on February 11th, 2018.
Herein, I was joined by the great, long-time crypto-anarchist, Paul Rosenberg, to talk about his path into the crypto-anarchy/cypherpunk sphere, his fiction book, A Lodging of Wayfaring Men, and more ways in which to bring love and autonomy into the world, whether in the physical or digital realms.
Please enjoy, and always remember, vonu is yours for the making and the Second Realm is yours for the building.
- Paul introduces himself, his background, and how he got involved in crypto-anarchy/the cypherpunk world
- His fiction book, A Lodging of Wayfaring Men, and how it was the origin for his (now-defunct) Cryptohippie VPN service
- The vast crypto-anarchy/cypherpunk community in eastern Euroupe
- The differences between most VPN’s and Cryptohippie
- Pretty Good Privacy/gPg — still secure?
- My thoughts on A Lodging of Wayfaring Men
- Why he wrote it, the writing process, an overview of the book, and what made him initially publish it anonymously
- Paul’s thoughts on the Second Realm and Second Realm concepts that appear in A Lodging: proxy merchants, security culture, a free, digital economy
- The importance of culture in the Second Realm and culture’s role on freedom today
- The “Free Souls” group in his fiction book — based on real life experience?
- His new fiction book, The Breaking Dawn
- Paul’s take on bitcoin, “crypto-currencies,” and general progress in the digital sphere
- Please disregard my “blockchain” shitcoinery
- Loving others is what will bring about a free world