On this episode of The Vonu Podcast, I welcome back Brian Sovryn, host of the Sovryn Tech Podcast.
Herein, we get an update on the tech world (and Sovryn Tech!), a 2022 Dark Android update, his coming van nomad tech loadout, and generally speaking, more ways in which to fortify the digital Second Realm.
- An update on Sovryn Tech and the overall tech world
- The importance of podcasting as a medium, especially in the age of Babylon Tech censorship and the homogenization of basically the entire world
- But despite all the negatives, open source tech has come a long way in the realm of user-friendliness
- The F-Droid app store
- His coming van nomad adventure, traveling to meet other anarchists/listeners, and his van tech loadout
- I take a moment to plug Silent.Link again: an anonymous US/UK phone number & mobile data, paid for in bitcoin
- Tech items not often considered: battery power in devices, easily repairable laptops (i.e. easily replacable parts), and putting together resilient systems
- The 2022 Dark Android Update: VPN recommendations & other worthwhile security/privacy tools
- Paul Rosenberg/Smuggler’s crypto-hippie, & the importance of two-hop VPN’s
- ProtonVPN: a great, two-hop VPN solution
- His views on the bitcoin/”crypto-currency” space, and his seemingly near BTC-only position on The Agora Podcast
- “Complexity is the enemy of security.”
- Overall closing advice: Reign in your digital life, and focus on the physical