On this episode of The Vonu Podcast, I welcome cypherpunk & crypto-anarchist documentarian, Jessica Solce.
On October 21st, her new film, DEATH ATHLETIC: A DISSIDENT ARCHITECTURE will release to the public.
This documentary features the full story of Cody Wilson, Defense Distributed, 3D printed guns up to today, Cody’s modern perspectives/outlooks, and much more…
It also includes a minute or two from The Vonu Podcast, and you can even see me when I attended the Defense Distributed Press Conference in Austin, following the news of Cody’s arrest/resignation.
Make sure to check out Jessica’s work, especially this newest doc, and share it around!
- Jessica provides us with her background, how she got into filmmaking, and what got her interested in Cody Wilson & the broad topic of crypto-anarchy
- No Control, her first documentary — off Amazon, rights are hers again
- No Control — tries to show the debate on gun control, & asking the overall question: does it really mean anything when guns are everywhere, and the information to make them abundant?
- Is there a personal philosophical alignment with Cody’s views, crypto-anarchy, etc.? Or just merely an interest?
- Any interest in fiction movies? Such as turning #agora or BRUSHFIRE into big screen productions?
- What has it been like to follow Cody Wilson around for almost a decade?
- Samourai Wallet’s role as executive producer, helping to bring this documentary to fruition
- End of September: trailer drops, pre-sales go live at DeathAthletic.com; October 21st: launches on streaming platforms
- What does “Death Athletic” mean? Where does it originate from?
- View a screening at Hackers Congress 2023 in Prague; other freedom festivals? Maybe VonuFest5?
- Her plans for upcoming films/documentaries?
- LINK TO DEATH ATHLETIC TRAILER (will update): https://twitter.com/deathathletic