On this episode of The Vonu Podcast, I’m joined by Juraj Bednar, co-founder of Paralelni Polis in Prague, author of CRYPTOCURRENCIES: HACK YOUR WAY TO A BETTER LIFE, and all around, a freedom pioneer truly living a Second Realm, vonu lifestyle.
Herein, he gives us his backstory, the background behind Paralelni Polis, we dive into some relevant history regarding Czech Republic dissident groups, and strategically, using vonu & Second Realm principles, how to maintain pockets in freedom in physical space and time.
We’ll certainly hear from Juraj again soon, as I didn’t touch really anything I had in my outline. Please enjoy, and share the podcast around if you can!
Cheers from #TheFreeRepublic!
- The Vonu Podcast is now on lightning podcast apps like Fountain. Check out Fountain (affiliate link): VONUPODCAST.COM/FOUNTAIN
- Juraj talks about his early life in computers/cryptography, how Paralelni Polis came about, and overall background
- MixMaster, anonymous remailers — still viable today
- The threat model in the early cypherpunk days weren’t really the NSA and global spy agencies, but private “coercers”/hackers
- How he found bitcoin — after reading the whitepaper, he was on board with the computer science part, but wasn’t sure from an Austrian economics perspective
- The founding of Paralleni Polis — they wanted to open a successful business and ONLY accept bitcoin and a few altcoins; they were all hackers, and so Hackers Congress & The Institute of Cryptoanarchy were natural developments
- Vaclav Benda, Charter77, & a history of inspirational dissidence in Czech Republic circa 1977
- I bring up the hyper-relevant Deus Ex video game series that former TVP co-host, Kyle, first recommended a long time ago
- Embracing a parallel culture: illegal concerts, books, poetry, etc.
- The official, servile society culture is disempowering, without content, and miserable to listen to
- Everyone knows who is part of the organization/community, despite there being no official documentation, a central authority, etc. — entry filters, increase the value of being part of the community, entry costs
- Juraj talks about one of their performance art demonstrations: capturing the Czech President’s flag, something would have ended in a lot of deaths here in the USSA
- Maintaining such an open relationship with the First Realm: a bitcoin logo on the front, Institute of Cryptoanarchy
- They set the tone by painting the building black without permission and by not accepting legal tender & being a non-profit, puts them at an advantage
- He mentions that he’s a van nomad; the Decentruck, a mobile Paralelni Polis that travels to festivals and events; there’s a small bitcoin ATM, coffee machines, projectors, etc.
- The openness of a parallel society/Second Realm to the First Realm/servile society depends upon time, location, and it can vary year-to-year
- Privacy on the lightning network, and some solutions Juraj uses in the bitcoin/privacy coin space
- Theoretical anarchists are almost just as bad as political crusaders; actionable strategies are of the most value
MAKE A VALUE-FOR-VALUE DONATION TO THE SECOND REALM!
HEALTH LIBERATION/SELF-LIBERATION SPECIAL OFFERS:
The Amazing AquaCure!
PRIVACY-FOCUSED HEALTH INSIGHTS:
Order your hair mineral analysis test today (affiliate), and gain a major insight into your current state of health or dis-ease…while preserving your privacy from Babylon Pharmaceuticals!